Tonight I am introducing you to one of my all time favorite recipes! Crispy Cheddar Chicken. I like to think of this recipe as a loose interpretation of my favorite Cracker Barrel Meal, Broccoli Cheddar Chicken. This meal is so delicious and not very difficult to make, and the recipe includes a gravy to make with it! It goes great with some mashed potatoes and broccoli!
Prep. Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
Here's what you need:
For the Chicken:
- Chicken Breasts (1 per person, thawed)
- Ritz Crackers
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (about 4 cups)
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried Parsley
For the Gravy:
- 1 Can, Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Sour Cream
Here's what you do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and grab yourself a 9x13 baking pan and spray it with baking spray so the chicken doesn't stick to it.
- Take two bowls... pour the milk into one and crush up a few handfuls of Ritz Crackers into the other.
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces. Dip each piece into the milk, then into the cracker crumbs and place it in your baking pan. Repeat this for each piece of chicken.
- Once you have completed that, take your shredded cheddar cheese and spread it over the top of the chicken.
- Cover your 9x13 pan with tin foil and place in the oven for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, take it out, remove the tin foil, and place back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the edges of the cheese turn a golden brown.
- Once you put the chicken back in the oven a second time, start your gravy. Combine the Cream of Chicken Soup, Butter, and Sour Cream in a medium sauce pan and stir together until hot.
Once this is all done, you have a delicious meal! Enjoy! If you like this recipe or have any questions, let me know in the comments box!