I have the honor of being nominated for The Liebster Blogging Award! This award is a way to discover new blogs and meet some totally awesome new people! I was nominated by the lovely Audrey over at Whimsical Wanderings and I loved reading her liebster post and learning more about her!
Audrey gave me some questions to answer! Here we go!
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
Honestly, my love for typing made me start blogging. During my first couple years of college I would find myself with an empty microsoft word document in front of me and I would just type whatever came to my head because I found typing fun. Eventually, I started realizing that what I was saying in those documents was actually not half bad... so I decided to start a blog. I've had a few, but this is the first one I've stuck with, and I am loving it more every day :)
2. What is your favorite article of clothing that you own?
I have these relaxed fit tank tops from Old Navy that are just amazing for the summer. I think I have 6 of them, in different colors. They are so versatile and absolutely cool and comfortable. My favorite part of my summer wardrobe by far.
3. What is your favorite book or books?
"Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers and "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. Both books are absolutely inspiring and each time I read them, they help refresh my outlook on life. I highly recommend both, if you haven't read them.
4. If you had a super power, what would it be?
For as long as I can remember, my answer to this question has been flying. However, I would have to say that my answer is now teleportation. If I could go wherever in the world I wanted, whenever I wanted, that would be pretty stinking awesome.
5. What three words best describe you?
Organized, Creative, Reflective ... which is weird to me. I've changed a lot since I started college... haha // side note: I asked my fiance, "describe me in one word, ready, go." and he said "beautiful"... I'll keep him. :D //
6. What is the best piece of advice you've ever gotten?
Don't rush your life. A lot of people have said that to me from friends to relatives. I remember saying a lot of times in high school that I couldn't wait to get to college, graduate, and get married. Now that two of those three are completed and the third will be next summer, I'm realizing how fast life is going. Live one day at a time and enjoy every step of your journey, because it really does go by fast.
7. What is your favorite food?
Oh my, I guess it would be wrong if I didn't say chicken, since I make it for nearly every meal. Boneless though, I will not cook or eat chicken on the bone. yuck. ha.
8. What is a great memory from your past?
Two specific times that I always think back on and they fill my heart with joy. My 16th Birthday party, and my high school graduation party. Each one was well attended and by so many people that I love dearly. I remember at both events, just sitting and looking around at the people in my life and feeling nothing but joy and love and realizing how completely blessed I am to have so many people in my life who care about me.
9. Current favorite song?
Definitely a toss up between "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran and "Bright" by Echosmith. I just simply adore Ed Sheeran's voice, and Asa and I are considering having our first dance to that song. Bright is just a light and airy song and it just gives me all kinds of good feelings, and reminds me of Asa and I love to sing it... so those two for sure :)
10. What is the story behind your blog name?
I struggled with deciding on a blog name when I revamped my blog earlier this year. I finally decided on "Love, Kaycie" because of what I want this blog to represent. I want this blog to be somewhere people come for encouragement and for fun things to do with life. I want to make sure that what I say on this blog, is said with love. I want to be a source of positivity in this world. So I named my blog "Love, Kaycie" because of these reasons.
11. What is the best thing you have ever splurged on for yourself?
My memory foam mattress cover. The best money I've ever spent... I sleep on a cloud.
Now for 11 random facts to help you know a little more about me:
- I am getting married next June 11th to the most amazing man, and I can't wait.
- I've been to Thessaloniki, Greece twice and I have every intention to return ASAP.
- I have an unconditional love for coffee.
- I also have a strong obsession with candles. I have 16+ already, most of which are half burned, and put 23 of them on my wedding registry.
- I can quote the movie "National Treasure" at the drop of a hat.
- I secretly wish I was an interior designer and I watch way too much HGTV.
- I like sleeping in a little too much.
- I bought a puppy home from South Dakota after my internship.
- I've lived in 5 different states at one point or another. Connecticut, Massachusetts, South Dakota, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
- My favorite vacation spot is Old Orchard Beach, Maine.
- I started my weight loss journey last week, and I am already down 8 & 1/2 pounds! I am excited to see the change in my life!
I am so excited to be able to nominate these awesome bloggers for The Liebster Award, and I can't wait to read their posts!
Salina from "From the Bottom of My Cup"
If you darling bloggers choose to accept this nomination (and I sure hope you do!) just answer the questions I have listed for you below and give us 11 random facts about yourself!
Questions for my Nominees!
1. Who is your biggest inspiration, and why?
2. Do you like coffee or tea, and how do you take it?
3. What is your favorite vacation spot? Mountains, Beach, or City?
4. If you could have coffee with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
5. What is the story behind your blog name?
6. What is your all time favorite movie?
7. When and why did you start blogging?
8. If there was a movie made about your life, who would play you, and why?
9. Do you have any hidden talents?
10. If you could travel for free to any location in the world for a week, where would you go and why?
11. What is your favorite thing to shop for? (shoes, clothes, etc.)
Please leave a comment if you choose to accept so I can read your answers! Also feel free to leave a comment for any other reason!
Thank you for reading!!