If you've been following my blog since I re-launched it, you may have noticed that I talk about airports or flying a lot. I really love traveling. I feel like every time I take a trip, I learn something new about life or myself. It fills my soul with wonder and excitement. I am heading out early tomorrow morning (like 4:30am, early) to fly to Washington D.C. for the weekend to see my fiancé, and I am so excited. Since I am taking a trip tomorrow, I thought I would share with you my carry-on essentials! Side Note: This is more so for shorter flights, I'll probably do a revision when Asa and I go on our honeymoon next year for longer flights!
- Sweatshirt - I don't know if it's just me, but I am almost always cold in an airport or on an airplane, so this one is a no brainer for me. I love this one that I have pictured from Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
- Notebook, Planner, & Pen - So that I can jot down blogging ideas, write some wedding plans, and fill in some dates in my planner. Short flights are perfect for this.
- iPhone, Headphones, & Charger - For when there's a crying baby in your aisle and you just want to have a peaceful flight.
- Empty Water Bottle - I love my brita water bottle because it has a filter in it, which is perfect for airport water fountains! Especially when water bottles are $3 each.
- Wallet - because you never know what you forgot.
- Kindle/Magazine/Book - For reading in the airport while waiting to board or on the plane.
- Passport - You really only NEED your passport for international fights, but I like to bring mine even inside the U.S.A. just in case. Also, how adorable is that passport cover? Got it at Target!
- Trail Mix/Granola/Granola Bars - For snacking on the plane or in the airport. A lot of airlines aren't giving snacks anymore on short domestic flights, so it's a good idea to have something alone. This kind from Bear Naked is awesome :)
- Lotion - My hands always get so dry in-flight. Any little lotion helps that.
- Lip Gloss/Chapstick - My lipgloss from Julep is a conditioning gloss, so it does two jobs in one! Chapstick is seriously always a must on flights though.
- Aleve/Tylenol/Ibuprofen- For those almost inevitable headaches that come with traveling.
- Gum- To help with take off & landing. I never, ever fly without gum.
- Not Pictured - Laptop & Charger, Make-Up, Change of Clothes, Pillow, Glasses, Extra Shoes, & Quart size bag.
REMEMBER: If you have liquids in your carry-on, they MUST be under 3.4 fl oz and fit in a CLEAR quart size bag :)
Also, take a look at my super adorable carry on bag from Target! Find a similar one here.
That's my Carry-On Essentials! Is there anything I missed? What do you put in your Carry-On? Let me know in the comments box below!