This is my absolute favorite dessert recipe! It's light layers won't sit in your stomach and it tastes SO good! It is perfect to bring to a party or make when you're having friends over! It has four layers of goodness and is sure to please any crowd! I wish I could make a bunch of these for my wedding instead of cake, because this is better than cake.
- 1 Package of Regular (or diet as my Mom calls them) Oreo Cookies (NOT DOUBLE STUF)
- 6 Tablespoons of Butter, Melted
- 8oz Pack of Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 4 Cups & 2 Tbs of Milk
- 2 Twelve Oz Tubs of Cool Whip
- 2 Packs of Instant Chocolate Pudding
- Mini Chocolate Chips
How It's Done:
- Crush ALL the Oreos in a food processor or blender until they are in a powder. Melt the 6 tablespoons of butter, and mix with the crushed oreos in a bowl. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking pan. Place the pan with the bottom layer in the refrigerator to harden while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with an egg beater (mixer) until light and fluffy. Add the two tablespoons of milk, sugar and 1 & 1/4 cups of Cool Whip. Mix with the beater until well blended and fluffy.
- Pour the two packages of instant pudding into a bowl and add four cups of milk. Whisk together for a minute, and then let sit for five minutes.
- Take the pan with your first layer out of the refrigerator. Spread the Cool Whip/Cream Cheese Layer over the oreo crust. Next, spread the chocolate pudding over that layer and place in freezer for 5 minutes so the pudding can harden slightly.
- After five minutes, remove the pan from the freezer and spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Your top two layers will probably mix together a little bit, they just will. Don't worry too much about this. The chocolate chips will cover it. Sprinkle some mini-chocolate chips on the top.
- You're done! Let sit in the freezer for one hour, or refrigerator for four hours before serving!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It is one of the best desserts I've ever had! Please let me know if you make this and what you think of it!