Yum! Who doesn't love a good Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts on a cold day? I know I do! It's one of those drinks that just makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside... and not to mention it's delicious! I've learned how to make my own version of this wonderful drink at home, and I want to share it with you!
What You Need:
• One or Two packets of Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Chocolate Mix (Depending on how chocolatey you like your hot chocolate)
• Bailey's Caramel Coffee Creamer (or any other Caramel coffee creamer)
• Sea Salt
• Whipped Cream
What You Do:
1. Put the hot chocolate mix into a mug and add a little bit of sea salt. (two grinds if you have a grinder or two shakes with a shaker)
2. Add hot water. I add mine straight from my Keurig, but you can obviously use a teapot or any other kind of water heater as well.
3. Mix up your hot chocolate and make sure its all blended well. Once it is mixed well, add your caramel coffee creamer. Start with a little, and add more if you desire a stronger caramel taste.
4. Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle some sea salt on the whipped cream!
Ta-da! Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate! So easy!
BONUS: If you happen to have caramel ice cream sundae syrup... add some of that to your whipped cream as well!
What do you think of this recipe? Is this something you would try at home? Let me know in the comments below!